While we are practicing social distancing and teleworking during COVID-19, we want you to know that we remain open and available for initial consultations, meetings, and reviews throughout this ordeal using Zoom (a virtual meeting app) and telephone. Just as we were on day one, we remain capable of accessing all of our files remotely and conducting your business safely. We are here to serve you. Please reach out and be safe.
During these unprecedented times, many people are feeling anxious and uncertain.
At Wharf Financial, we’ve been helping to protect our clients, friends, and neighbors in the DMV for more than 20 years. We help them plan for the "Certainty of Uncertainty."
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Will I have enough money to retire and last me throughout my lifetime?
- Should I change how my investments are allocated to protect me from a market downturn?
- Are there ways to continue to obtain decent returns while limiting risk?
- What is the most advantageous way to claim Social Security benefits?
- How does Medicare work?
- Is my estate plan in order? Should I establish a Trust?
- Do I have an appropriate amount, or the proper type, of life insurance? Do I even need life insurance?
- How can I reduce my taxes now, and throughout retirement?
Have you asked yourself these questions, and answered them confidently?
We are driven to ensuring that our friends, neighbors, and clients in the DMV have the resources, and knowledge, to feel optimistic about the future, even if it is uncertain.
And most importantly, as fiduciaries, we are obligated to offer advice and guidance that is tailored to your specific needs. We do not get paid commissions or sales charges. Rather, our success is tied to your success.
Learn about how we may be able to:
- Help you work towards achieving your goals and desires
- Protect your assets that you’ve worked so hard to accumulate
- Plan for the "Certainty of Uncertainty"
- Ease some of your anxiety
- Help you plan for a smooth and successful retirement
See that mask up there? If you'd like one, please reach out and we'll send you one, free of charge. One more way that we can protect you during these uncertain times!
Our Mission Statement
Every day, we will strive to enrich the lives of our neighbors in the DMV area by inspiring, educating, and motivating them to feel confident about their investment decisions and retirement planning.
Wharf Financial’s mission is to provide the opportunity, and the motivation, for our clients, neighbors, and all those in the DMV area to invest responsibly and with a purpose—and to feel confident about their retirement planning.
Our clients are active members of their communities, do good deeds, and make positive contributions to society. They insist that their investment choices reflect those same values.
There are many names for it, but values investing is a thoughtful and meaningful approach to investing that provides the opportunity for investors to contribute to, and even influence, positive social and environmental issues, without sacrificing financial returns.
Whether investing in companies that provide alternative energy, or those that have positive hiring practices; whether investing in companies working to feed or bring water to the neediest, or those that provide cutting-edge technology to underserved communities, there are unlimited opportunities to invest in companies that are striving to make the world a better place.